Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Status of my yard.

Gooseberry bushes - plentiful, ripe. | Black currant bushes - plentiful, ripe. | Red currantbushes, plentiful, ripe. | Cherry trees, VERY plentyful, almost ripe, taste good but are probably better in a few days. | Plum tree - Just one tree but a plentiful one, unripe, several weeks away from being edible. | Apple trees - 5 trees, plentiful, unripe, some weeks from ebing edible. |Rhubarb - having a sabbatical year, lawnmower accident, will be back next summer. | Pears - Just one tree, very scarse. For some reason it is a good year for every fruit and berry in my yard EXCEPT for pears. Oh well.. I don't really feel like complaining with all these other fruits and berries surrounding my house, not to mention I am surrounded by a forest full of blueberries and wildstrawberries along with the odd raspberry bush. I have never been to paradise but I can't imagine it being much different from this.

PS. I friggin LOVE gooseberries!

No comments: