Sunday, January 22, 2006

Murrowwrrr...

What is this!? Another entry the very day after my last one? Oh gosh! Just like the good old days. As I have stated before, I will update this place every time I A: Have the time and B: have something to say. Now that we got that cleared up I have got something to say.
In this school that I go to we learn to act. It is a very sophisticated technique that we learn. It is believed that in order to do the best acting we can, we must make our brains work just like the character's brain. In other words, not think about acting, not think about lines, but think about what the character thinks, both consiously and subconsiously. Every character has an impression of his life until now, along with all the sense data and purposes. We teach our brains to be able to live another person's life in our heads and recieve all the senses the character did when going from birth until now. It is quite an amazing thing.
When the preparations are done, the character's life needs to be kept fresh. This can be easilly done by just spending 3 minutes living the life in one's head.

Can you imagine how wonderfully cozy and beautiful it is to do this when playing a lion? When doing the 3 minute thing I found myself after 5 minutes to still be 2 months old all snuggled up with mommy. Having the feelings, the senses and emotions in that moment of that life is so... awwww! NICE! I just wanted to keep doing it.


Ahhh.

Oh well, you want to see more Russia pictures? Okie dokie. You can still click the images for larger versions.

These are a bunch of acting students and one teacher sitting in the hotel.

Here is what the hotel had to offer in ways of recreation. Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was funny. Apart from this the lobby had a prostitute corner.

The rich Russian countryside. This was near Chekhov house.







Here is a little buddy of mine I met at the Moscow Circus. Ain't he just adorable! He really liked me! He tried to squirm away from most people who came up but the keepers could hardly get him away from me (and it wasn't just me holding on either).

More to come!

Save the cats!

See ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duude.. You're too infatuated with lions. XD

But, then again. If you want a truly amazing picture of those felines, check out National Geographic's books with the 100 best pictures. There's a good large image of a male lion...

Anonymous said...

Like I always siad: you're crazy Peter. :) And yes, I've eaten all the kitkats now and gaind weight because of it too, but it was worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hee, sounds like a crazy cool technique indeed! I wonder if that's something like what authors do when they make up their characters, trying to really get into their brains... Sounds a bit familiar, y'know?

I'm sure being a lion is way cool. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Kommentera Kommentera... Det är bra när du skriver dagen efter den andra, bättre än när du väntar en vecka - fast jag vet hur det är. Lejon är grymt bra, jag hade en dröm om ett lejon häromdagen, eller det kanske var du? Kom hem nu då så vi får testa dina skådespelartalanger lite.

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter :) I think that Japanese chick wants you :) And one day ill kill you just for the fact you hugged that Lion and I never did :)

Hugs!

-Simba.