Sunday, August 21, 2005

Best film in a long time.

Hey there. I'm writing this mid-day because in less than an hour I will be in school, rehearsing the next play, and after that I will be rehearsing Macbeth so I may not be able to write tonight. Today has been pretty productive, I have done homework, had a healthy breakfast and spoken to Neil about building his new computer. Seriously people, he is starting to come around. A couple of months back when he came to see me preform he was not only not late but over an hour and a half early! Now he is working long hours and earning good money. Don't worry people, we will get our pet britt back soon.
Yesterday I told you I was going to see a film with some evening students. We went to see Crash. Trust me it was good.
Directed and written by by Paul Haggis (writer of Academy Award winning Million Dollar Baby). this film has some good preformances even from actors I don't normally think of as very great. I have to admit I did not know much about this film when I went to see it. It blew me away. The plot is either very simple of very compliacted. It is genreally about people. Who they are and who they really are. It is hard to explain why this film is so great. I think one of the main things that made me like it was the characters and the way they were portraied. The fact that they, like real humans, have more to them than what we can easilly see. Heroes can be villains, victims can be monsters, and monsters can be nice people. To fairly judge a person takes more than anyone is willing to do. The cast (Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Brendan Frasier etc) did a great job, better than I've seen them do before. Trust me, this is a touching and eye-opening film about humanity.. Why it is bad and why it is great. The best of humanity, and the worst. See it. Please.

In other movie news, Kelsey Grammer (known from TV-series Frasier) will be playing Beast in upcoming X-men 3. He certainly has the voice.. Even though the news shocked me a bit, I think it could work.

As for strange things. When I walked out of the house yestdrday and today there was a black van parked right outside my door. It was not only black.. Check it out.

Beware of the Pink Express. They are watching you! If you don't save the cats, they will get you, and do a prissy make-over on yo' ass! (link in the right collumn will take you there. It costs nothing, so seriously, do it!)

See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kul att läsa dina nya inlägg. Filmningen är klar och gårdagen var en lång och produktiv dag. Ser fram emot dödsbo. Kan snacka lite om den på msn så fort du är där, startat med bildmanus faktiskt och det ser finfint och läskläskigt ut. Ses!