Wednesday, August 17, 2005

More Lion King

Hey there! I enjoyed yesterday's contest so this day shall have a sequel! Bit first, the results. Conny was quick in his research and discovered that the mother of Nala was called Sarafina. However, he did not get the date right, even after trying three times. There is a limit to how many guesses you get, otherwise you could have got it right after 365 guesses. anyway, Hannah came in and had also done the research, unfortunetly too late. The first five points went to Conny. Conny is now no longer in the minus but has a balanced 0.On question number two Hannah got it exactly right. First time I saw the Lion King was 1994, November 28th, which is also my birthday. Hannah gets five points.
The positions:



Shared 1st place Marcus, Hannah and Silvestris 10 points
2nd place Frida 5 points
3rd -vacant--Nil points
Congratualtions!

So if you do the maths you will know that I saw the Lion King on stage 2004 November 28th. Since then I have seen it one more time and hopefully will again. To tell you the truth I was worried that it might be a bit silly but I am being completely honest when I say it was absolutely breath-taking! The scenography was so powerful and along with the familiar songs from the film, plus a whole bunch of new ones that all have the same quality (How could they not, based on Hans Zimmer's original score) The story of the Lion King got a whole new dimension to it when put on stage. The overall story had been matured and less considerant to fragile little minds of the kiddies out there, which in my opinion is a good thing. I was moved, I was touched and I flew around a little in dreamland. I shall see this again. Now onto today's questions. They will be slightly more difficult today.
Question number 1: The original Score of the Lion King was written by Hans Zimmer, who recieved an Academy Award for it. In my opinion it is his best work ever, and I am currently working on getting a hold of the original recordings (they were editied and shortened for the Soundtrack CD) the question is, as follows; When writing the score for the Lion King, Hans Zimmer was inspired by the works of another composer. What is the name of this composer?

Question number 2: Not only was Hans Zimmer inspired by this composer, but there is one musical piece especially that inspired him for the the tunes that enriched the PrideLands... What is the title of this musical piece?

This next bit goes out to Hannah. New hair colour eh? Well.. if I had to choose between red and black for you, I'd go for red. But to be honest, my favourite Hannah hair by far is this one. Sexay! (that is my sword by the way. Groovy, innit?)

And do NOT forget today's good deeds!
Felis.Silvestris.Net
Go there and do some cat-suporting clickin'!




See ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, pete my man, it turned out dark-red. Or wine-red with a touch of purple perhaps. I look damn good now anyway. Will send you a pic later this week.

About the questions: it's wednesday. we're all drunk. i cant answer shit right now.

But tomorrow. I will see the light in the end of the tunnel. På ett positivt sätt.

Anonymous said...

(that last line for you english-speaking guys)

"In a positive way"

Anonymous said...

1. Mozart
2. Requiem

Mina svar. Puss & Godnatt